Hi, I'm J.D.!
I love to create. To start with nothing but perhaps a few vague ideas, and from that bring something interesting into existence. I have been interested in Digital Media since I was old enough to draw pictures on a Commodore 64. Now I have over a decade of experience in website design, 3D modeling, digital art, video games, you name it!
I'm very easy to work with. When someone commissions me for work, I strive to give the customer whatever they want, even if they're not sure what they want. I can take even the oddest color requests and still give you something that catches the eye.
This site includes examples of both my professional work, as well as personal projects, because to me, they are both the same, as long as I get to create something special.
- Basic art theory knowledge, including composition, light and shadow, and color theory.
- Over 10 years of experience with Adobe Photoshop.
- Experience with vector graphics drawing in Adobe Illustrator.
- Experience with logo design and branding.
- Designed logos, advertisement, posters, and other media for several small businesses and online sale.
- Over 10 years of experience with HTML coding and slicing graphics for web layout.
- Experience with creating complex layouts with CSS.
- Working knowledge of PHP scripting, as well as creating and accessing MySQL databases.
- Experience with Adobe Flash design and actionscript.
- Designed and coded several websites from scratch, both for personal projects and clients.
Digital Publishing Designer
- Designed and produced eye catching covers for print and digital books.
- Experience with working with print templates, including the proper use of safe margins.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the EPUB digital publishing format, used by most prominent Ebook publishers and reading devices.
- Converted several print books to EPUB format for sale through online retailers.
3D Environment Artist:
- Over 7 years of experience with low and high polygon modeling.
- Experience with painting texture, bump, specular, and alpha maps.
- Experience with generating normal maps from high polygon models.
- Prior experience working with 3DS Max, Maya, Terragen & Terragen 2, Blender, Zbrush, Sculptris.
- Experience with environment modeling in Unreal Engine 2 and 3.
- Contributed assorted art assets to several independent games.
University of Central Florida, Orlando FL
- Specialized in "Internet Interaction".
- Designed several websites for projects and some clients.
- Produced 3D assets for truck driving simulation.
- Produced several interactive Flash projects.